Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters.thumb.jpg.b518052b915c2cf31f5f12e33ce0e9d2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Rattler

Astronomik 12nm EOS clip in or Baader 7nm EOS clip in filter?

Hi guys. I'm after an Ha Filter and considering one of these 2. Which would be the best to go for? Thanks.

The one with the smallest bandwidth should give you higher contrast ,smaller stars and better in light pollution..its only if you're getting down to the 3nm bandwidh that you could use in all the moon phase..

I use a 6nm astronomik and had the 12nm one beforehand and both have been excellent in performance..Ha requires fairly long exposures  to really see the details..i have a soft spot for a HA image..love that contrast..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newbie alert said:

The one with the smallest bandwidth should give you higher contrast ,smaller stars and better in light pollution..its only if you're getting down to the 3nm bandwidh that you could use in all the moon phase..

I use a 6nm astronomik and had the 12nm one beforehand and both have been excellent in performance..Ha requires fairly long exposures  to really see the details..i have a soft spot for a HA image..love that contrast..

I'm thinking about getting the Baader 2" 7nm ha filter. It will attach to my field flattener and could be used in the future with other cameras.