Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Welcome to FLO Takahashi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, FLO said:

We will of course supply Tak' mounts if requested. 

You are right. FLO does need another premium mount brand but I am not sure which one.

Whichever we choose would require a significant investment and likely require quite a lot of support so we want to get it right. 

Steve 

You can probably gauge the level of support required for each brand based on SGL forum threads?  My 10 Micron GM1000 has been the biggest single investment I have made in astronomy equipment, and has proved to be worth every penny, would get another in a heartbeat. Rarely have to talk about it on here though as there isn't much to talk about, it just works. A bit pricey though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this in another discussion and was surprised how few people knew, so here it is again: 

Takahashi don't consider collimation to be a warranty issue but they will recollimate a telescope free of charge within five years of it's purchase. Here in the UK that means returning it to Takahashi's service centre in France. A good retailer (i.e. FLO and IKI) will handle and cover the cost of returning / redelivering a Takahashi telescope purchased from them during it's first two years. Beyond that you will need to return it yourself. After five years Takahashi will still recollimate a telescope but charge for the service (I don't know how much). 

HTH, 

Steve 

Archived