Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to FLO Takahashi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good job. I think you might need them ;);) 

Tempted by the little 140mm Losmandy plate to go on top of a couple of rings for mounting finder scope etc. 

I will measure up. Are you going to sell other lengths, for complete colour co-ordination?

What's black & white & red all over? A Takahashi owner mixing ADM & Primaluce hardware! :D

19 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Tempted by the little 140mm Losmandy plate to go on top of a couple of rings for mounting finder scope etc. 

I will measure up. Are you going to sell other lengths, for complete colour co-ordination?

More items are being added as I type but if there is something you want that isn't listed please email us. 

We can source anything Primaluce. 

HTH, 

Steve 

They do a heck of a lot of accessories! It will take us a while to list them and then we'll need to assign them categories so it might look a bit chaotic until we have finished. 

To keep tabs on new products added please see our home page

:smile: 

4 minutes ago, FLO said:

They do a heck of a lot of accessories! It will take us a while to list them and then we'll need to assign them categories so it might look a bit chaotic until we have finished. 

To keep tabs on new products added please see our home page

:smile: 

Why not also have sections on your site for particular makes, such as you do for telescopes etc?

On 4/17/2018 at 23:43, 25585 said:

Steve @FLO, I found sme Losmandy D dovetails for Tak clam mounts. They are made by Farpoint in 7 inch single & 12.5 double mounting positions.

image.png.abc6fd125e27e0800a4655c7181cb17b.png

image.png.bd29dbb27125f79dd8f042d0dc3c5639.png

Would it be possible for you to stock those please? The whole base footprint is supported, much better than the Vixen.

image.png

The clamshell is a nice system for visual observers but may not suit imagers, especially dual rig users, because of differential flexure. Be aware that the FSQs need to be mounted with a considerable forward offset since they are rear-end heavy. Tak do an offset foot for the clamshell but really all you need is a long enough dovetail. I'd go for those Primaluce rings myself.

Olly

The Takahashi FSQ habit gets to be very costly.....

I love the FSQ85.  Some folks have had issues with the focuser with large chip cameras but mine - August 2013 vintage - has so far been fine and I'd assume Takahashi have sorted this by now.  It has to be a good thing that another dealer - and a large one with FLO - can bang the drum if there are any issues and not just Ian on his own. 

People also seem to forget that the FSQ 85 and 106 (and presumably the other Tak scopes but I can't speak for them) are also a fabulous visual scopes too and not just astrographs, and I've had some cracking views of M31 and some other large scale objects through my BabyQ.

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

The clamshell is a nice system for visual observers but may not suit imagers, especially dual rig users, because of differential flexure. Be aware that the FSQs need to be mounted with a considerable forward offset since they are rear-end heavy. Tak do an offset foot for the clamshell but really all you need is a long enough dovetail. I'd go for those Primaluce rings myself.

Olly

Gone the Primaluce ring route. An alternative may be 2 Tak clamps, but that may be too long a tunnel for FSQ models to fit in. Would be OK for longer OTAs.  

17 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Does Primaluce produce a telescope tube carrying handle that can be attached to their tube rings?

We haven't come across one yet. 

ADM do handles, though they are rather plain and black: 

adm_d_handle_main.jpg

adm_dv_handle_main.jpg

Archived