SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Welcome to FLO Takahashi

RVO & of course True Technology also sell Taks. So not just Ian King. ;)

How much Tak kit apart from scopes will FLO sell? Hope more accessories & optics as well. LE eye pieces. FC100 cradles & rings (95mm). Reducers & flatteners. Finders ; extensions. And of course Feather Touch focusers. 

Waiting for eye-catching bargains & bundles. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FLO I'm sure you've already got this covered Steve....... but well worth getting your adapters man to make a ready supply of various camera adapters with the correct spacing to go with the reducers..... makes life so much easier ?? I'm sure many folks will buy the reducer and this as well.

3 hours ago, henry b said:

H"mm, does customer service have to route all enquiries via takahashi europe? if so, that will not be to the advantage of the customer, more cost and a much longer response time. My experience with takahashi equipment is tops! my experience with takahashi europe is "difficult" they have a different understanding of customer  service let alone customer money!      Henry b in europe.

If you buy a Takahashi telescope from FLO then FLO is responsible for customer service :smile: 

Clearly, there are occasions when the manufacturer/distributor must work with the retailer to ensure a positive outcome but ultimately it is the the retailer's responsibility to serve the customer. 

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

RVO & of course True Technology also sell Taks. So not just Ian King. ;)

I think True Technology were the first to import Takahashi and I have dealt with them in the past, I remember they used to manufacture a nice slim filter wheel. I wasn't aware they still retailed Takahashi. 

I don't know what the situation is with RVO so cannot (and probably should not) comment. 

My focus is on FLO. 

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

@FLO I'm sure you've already got this covered Steve....... but well worth getting your adapters man to make a ready supply of various camera adapters with the correct spacing to go with the reducers..... makes life so much easier ?? I'm sure many folks will buy the reducer and this as well.

26 minutes ago, gingergeek said:

They already sell the Feathertouch focuser with focuser adapters for the FSQ85. But Sara is correct, your normally need bespoke spacers from the reducer for the different CCD back focus distances - who said life was simple :)

I am sure you and Sara are right. It will take us a while to familiarise ourselves with Takahashi's accessories/adapters but we will, and if they don't offer what we need we can manufacture our own. 

Something that you might wish to consider, FLO is tube rings for the FSQ range in particular. The clamshell mountings that Takahashi sell are not universally popular with imagers and many go to some lengths to find suitable pairs of tube rings for their instruments - to have them available from FLO would be a real bonus.

2 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Something that you might wish to consider, FLO is tube rings for the FSQ range in particular. The clamshell mountings that Takahashi sell are not universally popular with imagers and many go to some lengths to find suitable pairs of tube rings for their instruments - to have them available from FLO would be a real bonus.

Thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't aware of that, we'll see what we can do :smile: 

2 hours ago, 25585 said:

How much Tak kit apart from scopes will FLO sell? Hope more accessories & optics as well. 

We will be adding more Tak' products to our website over time.

We have access to the full range so if you cannot find what you are looking for please ask. 

HTH, 

Steve 

44 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Good call Steve..... May I say that the PrimaLuceLab ones are an excellent choice for the FSQ85. Ian King sells the Parallex rings from the US for the Baby Q..... I had both here for a while, and the Parallex ones appeared very cheap in comparison to the PrimaLuceLab ones. 

I would never have believed how difficult it was to find rings to fit ........ Very few people make them :( 

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Good call Steve..... May I say that the PrimaLuceLab ones are an excellent choice for the FSQ85. Ian King sells the Parallex rings from the US for the Baby Q..... I had both here for a while, and the Parallex ones appeared very cheap in comparison to the PrimaLuceLab ones. 

I would never have believed how difficult it was to find rings to fit ........ Very few people make them :( 

Primaluce rings are impressive. I have a 95mm pair for my FC100DL (I also have 2 clamshells). 

Each Primaluce ring can be fastened to a Losmandy dovetail with 3 (three) M6 bolts, very secure. PL provide 2 per ring. 

IMG_20180411_125533.jpg

Sorry, I really like telescope window shopping and spotted a little typo with the Tak60CB f/ratio. Should be f5.9 doublet objective, not f/4.9. 

Apochromatic objective with Fluorite doublet

The 60mm f4.9 doublet objective with a fluorite element performs as well as some other refractors with a larger diameter. High optical quality combined with short focal length (355mm / f5.9) makes the FS60CB an excellent choice for portable astrophotography. 

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

May I say that the PrimaLuceLab ones are an excellent choice for the FSQ85.

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Yes agreed, Sara.  I have both of these for my FSQ 106 and the PrimaLuceLab ones seem better made and a very nice fit.

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

Primaluce rings are impressive. I have a 95mm pair for my FC100DL (I also have 2 clamshells). 

Sounds unanimous :smile: 

Rather than reinvent the wheel we will look into stocking PrimaLuce. 

Thanks for the advice. 

Steve 

38 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Sorry, I really like telescope window shopping and spotted a little typo with the Tak60CB f/ratio. Should be f5.9 doublet objective, not f/4.9. 

Apochromatic objective with Fluorite doublet

The 60mm f4.9 doublet objective with a fluorite element performs as well as some other refractors with a larger diameter. High optical quality combined with short focal length (355mm / f5.9) makes the FS60CB an excellent choice for portable astrophotography. 

Oops :blush:

I have corrected the typo. If you see any more please say. 

Thank-you.  

Steve 

I was very disappointed, some years ago, to be told by Tak Europe that they didn't know how I could attach a camera and filterwheel they sold to a reducer they sold for a Tak they sold. I've no doubt whatever that FLO will do better.

Olly

9 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I was very disappointed, some years ago, to be told by Tak Europe that they didn't know how I could attach a camera and filterwheel they sold to a reducer they sold for a Tak they sold. I've no doubt whatever that FLO will do better.

Olly

This is one of the reasons there isn't a Tak in my stable as yet. Too many questions without straightforward solutions. Takahashi reputation for quality, coupled with FLO's reputation for customer service make for very powerful magic, and could be exactly what is needed to make Takahashi gear more accessible to those of us who like things to "just work."

Exciting news FLO

4 hours ago, henry b said:

H"mmm, good hard earned customer service reputation can damaged by "other"parties, I fear this will repeat itself !   henry b in Europe.

That is a 'glass-half-full' post if ever I saw one. I am guessing you have never been a FLO customer? 

My outlook is much more positive. I am confident our involvement with Takahashi will enhance FLO's reputation, not diminish it :smile: 

Steve 

Steve @FLO, I found sme Losmandy D dovetails for Tak clam mounts. They are made by Farpoint in 7 inch single & 12.5 double mounting positions.

image.png.abc6fd125e27e0800a4655c7181cb17b.png

image.png.bd29dbb27125f79dd8f042d0dc3c5639.png

Would it be possible for you to stock those please? The whole base footprint is supported, much better than the Vixen.

image.png

14 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Steve @FLO, I found sme Losmandy D dovetails for Tak clam mounts. They are made by Farpoint in 7 inch single & 12.5 double mounting positions.

Would it be possible for you to stock those please? The whole base footprint is supported, much better than the Vixen.

Thank-you for the suggestion but we don't need Farpoint, we have ADM :smile: 

We will add ADM dovetails for Takahashi to our website soon. 

Steve 

Archived