Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_galaxies_winners.thumb.jpg.92ab73c3699031e815897184054b8f7c.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
vernmid

180 degree fish eye lens for ASI120MC

Hi all,

I am after a 180 degree fish eye lens for an ASI120M. I am building an all sky camera and am after something better than the standard ZWO supplied 150 degree lens.

Many thanks

Vern

Hi Vern, I started to build my own Allsky camera but just as I was about to assemble it a Starlight Xpress Oculus popped up for sale at a good price so I went for that. I had already bought the ASI120M but also wanted a better lens so I bought the one that some-one said was used in the Oculus it is detailed as a 1.55mm Fujinon C-Mount Fisheye HD Lens, not 180 degrees but 155, if you google it you will see what it looks like, mine has got the invaluable variable focus. I also have the housing and a perspex dome fitted if you are interested; all that need doing is assembly, can take some picis if you want. as you can see the lens was not cheap but a significant step up from the one supplied by ASI. Make me an offer if interested.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, Many thanks for the response. I have been trying to find the lens you mentioned but can't find a match. Closest I found was an Arecont 1.55mm.

If you could send me a link it would be much apprecaited

Thanks again

Vern