Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome

RalphMeisterTigerMan

Hello from Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

I am a long time amateur, observer but first time contributor to Stargazers lounge. As is normal for this time of year in the Vancouver Lower Mainland, it's cloudy with the occasional rain showers. Can't wait for some nice weather. I had the good fortune of acquiring a Skywatcher 10-inch collapsible tube dobsonian back in early Feb. I'm no stranger to dobsonian reflectors and have read several favorable reviews of this particular so understandably I can't wait to take it for a test run.

Have several decent eyepieces so it should be fun. First I will install the telrad (as it is the manual and not goto version) and check the collimation with a laser collimator.

I have a few modifications in mind. I'll see how the finances work out for the next while. It reads like most members are located across the pond in Europe? Never been there but my ancestry is eastern European, shall we say.

Waiting to hear from others and I plan to contribute some postings.

RalphMeisterTigerMan

Hi Ralph, welcome and god luck with the manual Dob, the best way to go in my humble opinion. Have fun adding mods to, that's al part of the fun and cloudy sky activity. Hope to visit your part of the world next year when my daughter goes out to study just over the border in Washington State.

On 4/11/2018 at 17:27, RalphMeisterTigerMan said:

Hello from Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada ... It reads like most members are located across the pond in Europe? Never been there but my ancestry is eastern European, shall we say.

Welcome from Prince George. When my wife, daughter and I went to see the eclipse last August, we crossed the border at Abbotsford.

My father moved from Britain to Canada when he was fourteen, but I have never been to Britain. Maybe someday.

Archived