Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10" dob

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All,

Well I've made my choice.

I went for portability, I have to carry it arround a lot.

Also I go out into the fields to enjoy the dark skies quite often.

skywatcher-skyliner-10inch.jpg.5d396b03c82fbd0e5716ddf18cb0ec69.jpg

So I just ordered a SW skyliner 250px Flextube.

Thank you all for helping me out on this one.

2 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

I've made my choice too, although it might be some time before I order it.  It's the 10" Bresser Messier solid tube Dob.

Thanks Doug, and that 10" bresser seems like a nice scope too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 April 2018 at 16:55, cloudsweeper said:

Good point, Stephan.  I await the onset of eyepiece fatigue - it might save me some cash!

Back on topic, this has got me thinking yet again, and a 10" is looking more attractive - reasonable increase in light-gathering, easily manageable, and offering a noticeably larger FOV than a 12" (a very important consideration).  The Bresser Messier looks like a candidate.....

Doug.

I own a Bresser Messier 10 inch dob. Very nice scope with quality mount, huge rockers that allow it's OTA to be lifted off the vertical stand easily. Why I chose it above all others. The stand and rockers can be dis-assembled for flat packing easily, if you need to do that. 

FLO sell the 8 inch version only, but other retailers like Telescope House sell 10s.  

Archived