Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Double star SAO 80416

MilwaukeeLion

10 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Nice colours! Iota Cancri is a nice wide pair, and a favourite because of the clear colour difference - have you tried any very close doubles with your setup?

Chris

Thanks, haven't tried any close ones yet but plan to for sure, add some barlow power.  I remember seeing an image Olly did of Albireo that was really nice color difference. T Dra is another on my list with nice colors.

10 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

You have captured the color-contrast well, ML.

I find double stars difficult to image well - often you are just left with two dots of light with no context. As such, I think those with different colors (as here) produce the best results.

Thanks, I think it helped colors stacking so many frames, (2000 R, 2000 G, 2000 B B) 6000 frames total for two dots lol.  Processed quickly tho with just two dots only took couple minutes.  Converted each avi into fits in PIPP, then stacked each color, aligned them.

42 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Thanks, haven't tried any close ones yet but plan to for sure, add some barlow power.  I remember seeing an image Olly did of Albireo that was really nice color difference. T Dra is another on my list with nice colors.

Yes, Albireo is nice eg:-

albireo2imp.jpg

My personal favourite double is probably Izar because of the apparent intensity of the colours due to close proximity.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived