SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Aargh, lost a tiny cap for Hyperion barlow...where to find a replacement

BGazing

So I've spent two Easter (Orthodox Easter) nights under unusable clear nights (awful turbulence). In the process, I have managed to somehow lose a tiny cap that goes on the part of the 1.25 adapter of the Hyperion barlow. iI do not know how, I did not fumble with it in the darkness and I have searched the entire porch over and over again.

1.25 cover is not suitable, but I cannot find appropriate replacement cap for it listed online...anyone has any idea?

Hi @BGazing

Have you tried contacting Baader Planterium directly?

I don't know what size, or whether they would post it to Serbia/Balkans/worldwide, but you could try this company --> https://www.bpfonline.co.uk/

If not and you have the size, drop me a PM and I will see if I can post one or two to you. 

3 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Hi @BGazing

Have you tried contacting Baader Planterium directly?

I don't know what size, or whether they would post it to Serbia/Balkans/worldwide, but you could try this company --> https://www.bpfonline.co.uk/

If not and you have the size, drop me a PM and I will see if I can post one or two to you. 

Thanks, you are too kind.

I have contacted them and in the meantime will cover it with T2 barlow adapter, it fits. Worst case will use el cheapo moon and skyglow filter that I do not use anymore as a screw on protection...beats having dirty/scratched barlow lens.

Still cannot believe I have lost it...and I managed to do that on a clean table under a well-lit porch...

A few years ago I 'lost' the pupil adjustment thingy from a TeleVue Radian at a star party. The following day I went back and managed to find it in the observing site/field. It was worse than looking for a needle in a haystack.  

2 minutes ago, Philip R said:

A few years ago I 'lost' the pupil adjustment thingy from a TeleVue Radian at a star party. The following day I went back and managed to find it in the observing site/field. It was worse than looking for a needle in a haystack.  

I hear you. Did not manage to lose anything yet in all the darned dark fields around, but I managed in my parents' backyard. Spent the whole day looking for it under sun directly overhead...nothing. 

They fall bounce and roll. Or disappear down a nano black hole.

I have lost whole eyepieces. Person who bought my last house years ago is still finding lost and forgotten things of mine.

On ebay bags of different ep cap sizes often sold.

Archived