SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Few messier's with 36" scope

VilleM

Hi, I observed these during amateur astronomer meeting at Tähtikallio observatory (in Finland) with 36" f/3.5 Newtonian. Lovely weather, although sky wasnt as dark as usually due to hing moisture content in the air so I didnt try to observe more Hickson groups. Instead I sketched few globular cluster's and bright galaxies, all of them listed in the Messier catalog. M10 and M12 were really beautiful although they were really low near the horizon.

m10.jpg

m12.jpg

m60.jpg

m90.jpg

m107.jpg

2 hours ago, Beulah said:

36" telescope.....SWEET!!!

I do get to use it few times a year. :) If you see other post Ive made to this forum there is plenty of observations done with it.

For example, M42, M57 and Cat's Eye nebula all show colours. M42 appears to me as purple / blue. M57 is clearly turquoise with reddish outer parts. Cat's Eye seems slightly blue to me. Here is picture of the scope itself. It has two secondary mirrors to keep the eyepiece closer to the ground. As a finder there is 100mm refractor.

Thanks laudropb. Not ideal in terms of sky quality but as always, alot of fun.

_1D36001.jpg

_DSC0646.jpg

On ‎10‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 16:29, VilleM said:

M10 and M12 were really beautiful although they were really low near the horizon.

Wow 36" Light cannon!

Great sketches, M10 & M12 allready you've seen two great summer globular cluster....nice.

Archived