SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SW Star Discovery - no beep ! Does yours ?

SilverAstro

I have acquired an old (non WiFi ) Discovery mount.  Doing a Brightest Star Alignment the book says that it should emit a long beep when it slews to near the invited 2nd star. Mine does not beep but otherwise all seems to go to plan.

Does yours beep? Perhaps I am missing something? Maybe a manual written for old firmware?  Or maybe I have a problem ? !

I've not used it outside yet (no stars!) but practicing indoors to imagined positions seems to go to plan when I compare the reported position with what Stellarium is telling me.

6 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Not had a SW Star discovery but I've got a couple of mounts where you can turn the beep off, maybe buried in the menu somewhere.

Thanks, good thinking,

I had not noticed anything in my manual, but just now discovered a more extensive version on line, I'll have another look.

45 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

maybe buried in the menu somewhere.

You were on the right track, the online manual for the firmware -one before my firmware says,  Setup>Hand control > 5 options for brightness and beep volume,

mine only has 4 options - no beep vol. :(

The online manual for firmware +two above mine has only 4 options - no beep  and no ref. to a long beep at 2nd star.

No manual yet found for my firmware but reasonable to assume it was removed, so that's ok then, I will puzzle no more!

Thanks for focusing my brain cell. :thumbsup:

Archived