Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advantages of a dark sky

EyeGuy

This is a cheeky single 2 minute exposure of M42 taken from the Ballycroy international dark sky site in Co. Mayo in Ireland. I had intended to take a lot more data but that part of the sky was quite cloudy so I moved on. By the time it cleared I felt that M42 was a bit low. Also, M42 is done to death. :-)

The corner issue is just due to badly calibrated flats.

Can we turn off the city lights now please?

Barry

DSC_9315_c NEW FLATS colour curves colour.jpg

3 hours ago, Tom OD said:

Very nice Barry. I have driven past that area, and its great, deserving of the dark sky award. Maybe I'll get down there in oct for the annual dark festival.

Tom

I'd recommend it.

Mayo isn't exactly famous for it's clear weather, but it's a really nice part of the world and the new cycle greenway is great. I went down to the dark sky festival a couple of years ago. Of course the weather was crap and my boot-full of astro gear went completely unused, but the lectures were good and it was well worth the trip. I'll probably be going back again this Oct. Maybe the clear-sky Gods will smile on us?

Barry

16 hours ago, EyeGuy said:

I'd recommend it.

Mayo isn't exactly famous for it's clear weather, but it's a really nice part of the world and the new cycle greenway is great. I went down to the dark sky festival a couple of years ago. Of course the weather was crap and my boot-full of astro gear went completely unused, but the lectures were good and it was well worth the trip. I'll probably be going back again this Oct. Maybe the clear-sky Gods will smile on us?

Barry

It does clear down there, the odd time :)

I had to time it right. A long drive from Dublin, and overnight stay.

On 13/04/2018 at 10:42, Tom OD said:

It does clear down there, the odd time :)

I had to time it right. A long drive from Dublin, and overnight stay.

That is a gorgeous picture. Beautiful composition and perfect exposure. Well done.

barry. 

Archived