Narrowband

Welcome to DeepSkyStacker 4.1.0

perdrix

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kens said:

I've only had a crash when I run out of disk space during processing. Not enough space for the pagefile.

Can this be changed somewhere to make it larger?

I am just running some images through the 32 bit version as we speak to see if I can recreate the problem or if it was a one time thing, IE: my fault. 
Will post results shortly. 

Ok. The results are in.

I was able to successfully reproduce the crash (if you can call it successful?) only this time I took screenshots along the way.

Firstly, DSS 32bit settings. I have left these at default. No settings changed at all. 
Crash: It successfully stacked my image and saved it to the hard drive as Autosave.tiff. 
It was during the 'loading saved image' part that the crash occurred. 

Capture.PNG.99787892e97aba7aed925b656473dd90.PNG

Capture1.thumb.PNG.5e1d9f82fc18176b369bd18fb503df21.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.1b72638a51f43d41731326ea1b0a4469.PNG

Capture4.PNG.840410cd19590eac6c47c9dc74f2b062.PNG

64 bit version works perfectly fine.

Hope this helps.
Pete.

On 23/04/2018 at 15:30, paul mc c said:

This is exactly where i am crashing,and the same message,i os is 32 bit so 64 wont work on my lap top.

Paul, the penny never dropped for me yesterday when I first read this. If this is where yours is crashing the image has already been saved as Autosave.tff that's the file you use for processing so you should be good to go regardless of the crash. 

Darn how embarassing - the problem is with the 32 bit assembler code in zlib inflate_fast().  I can fix it at the cost of some performance.

Let me see how we can best get this drop shipped.  

David

Hi David, 

Glad to see you've pinned it down to a specific method.
I'm sure a small compromise in speed won't hurt the user too much as it's such cracking software!
Kudos to you and the team for making it freely available. :thumbsup:

Pete.

1 hour ago, Redscouse said:

Paul, the penny never dropped for me yesterday when I first read this. If this is where yours is crashing the image has already been saved as Autosave.tff that's the file you use for processing so you should be good to go regardless of the crash. 

Just checked my autosave and yes there are 4 of the same ones,all the times i tried to stack,so yes i can continue processing....nice one.

Very excited to have a 64-bit version - this should alleviate the problem where DSS couldn't use more than 2 GB of RAM (or 3.75 if you changed a particular environment variable)!

However, I've encountered a strange problem - my images were coming out with what I'll call "missing pixels."  They look like little holes in the picture.  I ran the same data through version 3.3.2 with the same settings and it came out just fine - none of these black pixels.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions on what to do?  I tried turning off 'hot pixel detection & removal' etc, but to no avail (that feature works fine for me in 3.3.2).

Image is a 32-bit TIFF saved out of DSS with changes embedded, not applied, zoomed in to see the pixels in question.

weird black spots.png

• 8 months later...

If you look at the dcraw webpage you will see that it supports:

Canon EOS 5D
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EOS 5DS
Canon EOS 5DS R

notably the Mark IV is not supported.  So I'm afraid that until Luc finishes converting the code to use libraw, we won't be able to support the EOS 5D IV

David

Archived