Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eq6 power modification completed

bottletopburly

Took the bull by the horns and done the power modification on my Eq6 pro to connect via the 2pin connector , bit nerve racking haven’t really done much  soldering before ,managed to do soldering without frying anything, used Blu-tac to isolate surrounding area so I didn’t solder anything I shouldn’t have , mount powered up checked slewing with handset , steady red light  voltage reading 14v dropping to 13.9v  slewing  phew ?

82DBB426-4FA5-4DF6-933C-46F51BD19AA8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Hopefully the stock connector was very intermittent 

I know the problem. My solution is rather more "heath-robinson" ... I use some electricians tape to attach the cable across the main body of the mount, so that the "wobble" in the cable as the mount moves is stopped before it reaches the connector.

3 minutes ago, JAO said:

Just working up the nerve to do this on mine after a few annoying and unplanned Lead/Mount separations!

Yes, the stock power socket is useless, I never understood why they do not use an all metal connector, instead of the flimsy plastic affair, as they are 100 times better..and it would save a lot of heartache for imagers when you have a pulled lead..... :(

59 minutes ago, JAO said:

Just working up the nerve to do this on mine after a few annoying and unplanned Lead/Mount separations!

Go for it ,i cordoned off the solder points with blu tac so i didnt mess anything up, just make sure the polarity matches the power lead you use ,

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

I actually Bought a pack of ten pairs from Malaysia of all places on eBay, took weeks to get here but for £4.99 it was worth it when they are £3.99 a pair....so if you want a set for the price of postage let me know....

Archived