Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT Plate Solving Not Working

4 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

When I recalc with the correct FOV it won’t work only when I shift click solve. It works at least!

You are getting mixed up.  That OVAL SHAPE is 15x8 at 750mm.  If you change to 1500mm then the oval shape doubles in size, if you change to 500mm the oval shape gets smaller.  'Recalc' button updates the apparent size of the object on the screen as outlined by the red line, nothing to do with your imaging FOV

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15x8' is the current object size, not the FoV. If you have the FL set correctly, does plate solve work, and what are the values in Platesolve2 as per the first screenshot?

Edit: tooth_dr beat me to it! :-)

Hi. For solving via 'Solve' as opposed to 'Blind', are you using the local server or are you solving over Internet? What does:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/config

show?

If local, is ansvr running? 

start > Astrometry.net local server > start ansvr

?

18 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi. For solving via 'Solve' as opposed to 'Blind', are you using the local server or are you solving over Internet? What does:

show?

?

Hi Alacant 

Ill check no idea. At any rate it is working I just have to manually put in the field of view with shift and click on solve. I'll check that and see what it says. So it can solve locally or over the internet? I thought the catalogues were downloaded so local. 

Another question for you. So when I'm actually imaging. I take my target shot solve it then press sync is that it? 

Be good to have this working then the framing will be better i imagine.

Thanks

Gerry

show?

?

image.thumb.png.8ff198656ae2c523f14ab2cde9f2b8eb.png

Hello

Is this what you mean?

Thanks

Gerry

image.png

show?

?

Just did a blind plate solve. Working :)

image.thumb.png.3c85f556466574cb938c7e37f3797262.png

151 seconds for a solve, that's a lot :o would of gone cloudy here before it solved !! 

Have you synced any calibration points before trying to solve or is that the first solve of the evening?  I tend to cheat these days after setting up I slew the scope to a bright star, then undo the clutches and point the scope pretty close to the star then blind solve, the algorithm starts trying to match your target from where it thinks the scope is pointing and works outwards in a spiral - thus if you're a long way off it can take a long while to solve.

2 hours ago, John78 said:

151 seconds for a solve, that's a lot :o would of gone cloudy here before it solved !! 

Have you synced any calibration points before trying to solve or is that the first solve of the evening?  I tend to cheat these days after setting up I slew the scope to a bright star, then undo the clutches and point the scope pretty close to the star then blind solve, the algorithm starts trying to match your target from where it thinks the scope is pointing and works outwards in a spiral - thus if you're a long way off it can take a long while to solve.

Yes know what you mean but I actually did it blind and from a photo I took so if it knows the coordinates it's about 20 seconds(I do have a very old computer) so 150 isn't too bad for this old machine. Yes I'll try that sounds like a good idea. I really wanted to use it for framing so I can carry on subs consecutive nights. 

5 hours ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Is this what you mean?

Hi. No. Open a web browser e.g. Chrome, enter:

then hit enter.

If you have the local server running, it will solve much faster.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gerry,

Sorry for missing the thread...

So you have made the Blind solving to work, right? The problem is still with Near solving... Looking on the screens above you have populated the settings correctly - the camera model is selected and focal length is given (this is enough for DSLRs).

I would suggest to take a look on this topic - http://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=474

There are collected some hints how to make it working.

As for your question about the fine framing I would suggest to try the Aim mode :) When it is enabled you can click in the image on the point you want to be the center of the FOV, then make GoTo++ or regular GoTo :)

On 18/04/2018 at 22:15, Yoddha said:

As for your question about the fine framing I would suggest to try the Aim mode :) When it is enabled you can click in the image on the point you want to be the center of the FOV, then make GoTo++ or regular GoTo :)

Sorry for late reply. Yes I got solving to work :) Aim mode! Sounds brilliant I'll aim (pun intended) To do that God willing. 

Thanks!

Gerry

Archived