Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Short session

Eastman

Hi there,

Last night I went out with the SW 130p flextube due to lack of time.

The nights are getting shorter in a fast way now.

I had made a whole list for myself but only find three objects.

First I started with NGC 2392 the Eskimo nebula, very small so I pushed it to my max magnification 81X. It remains a very small fuzzy but is not very faint.

Next NGC 2683, a beautiful small and long galaxy seeing sideways. A slightly brighter core was visual. This one I saw for the first time, great object.

Last object M3, jumps into the EP but hard a hard time to resolve the globular. I guess the transparency wasn't that great.

The show piece of the short session NGC 2683 by far.

Thanks for reading, Gert.

Great report, Gert. I've added NGC 2683 to my list of things to see. I love the Eskimo nebula. I was able to push the magnification all the way up to 240x a month or so ago. Great to see the bright central star surrounded by the nebula.

48 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

Great to see the bright central star surrounded by the nebula.

Well it is looking good for tonight, so I will give the Eskimo another visit with the 200p.

Okay, a day later due to clouds I went back to the Eskimo nebula.

This time with de 200mm mirror, @Littleguy80I could not see the central star but 150X I saw clearly that the core lit up the surrounding nebula. 

Thanks Neil sure was great to push upthe magnification.

30 minutes ago, Eastman said:

Okay, a day later due to clouds I went back to the Eskimo nebula.

This time with de 200mm mirror, @Littleguy80I could not see the central star but 150X I saw clearly that the core lit up the surrounding nebula. 

Thanks Neil sure was great to push upthe magnification.

Awesome. So glad you got to see it at higher magnification. It’s one of the best planetary nebula in my opinion. The cats eye nebula is well worth seeking out too. Especially if you can borrow a UHC or OIII filter from your friend :) 

Have a go at NGC 1504 in Taurus. It has a really bright central star, mag 8 I think. With high magnification, you can pick out the nebula surrounding it. It’s almost the reverse challenge. It’s tougher to see the nebula than the central star!

Archived