Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
kecsap

COMPLETED - Uncooled ZWO ASI178MC camera

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The-MathMog
      Because of the current situation, I have, as many of you guys probably have too, spend a lot more time under the stars when possible.

It has literally been over a year since last I was out doing some astrophotography because of work.

So here is my second take after the long break, NGC 3344 (The Sliced Onion Galaxy).
      Initially I thought it would be a lot fainter than it was, so it was basically a shot in the dark, of just trying to get back at doing this.
      But the final image actually showed a lot more detail than I would've hoped for!
      Spring lent a lot of clear night, but those seems to be gone already. I would've hoped for a few more hours to add some more luminance data to it, as I did have to push it quite a bit.
      I am not too happy with the shape of the stars either. Guiding was not very stable through the night, even though balance and polar alignment seemed to be good. Might need to update my Celestron PEC data? 

Any advice or feedback is very welcome! 🤩
      NGC 3344 (Sliced Onion Galaxy)
      Flat and Dark calibrated
      Gain 111
      Offset 40
      Total Integration - 5 Hours 4 minutes  (LRGB)
      ZWO ASI 183MM-Pro
      Baader 2'' Neodymium Filter
      Baader 1,25'' RGB Filters
      ZWO Mini EFW
      Explore Scientific Coma Corrector
      ToupTek Camera G-1200-KMB Mono Guider
      Orion Mini 50mm Guidescope
      Photoshop CS2
      Deep Sky Stacker
      Stellarium/Stellarium Scope
      Astrotortilla

• By MrGuGuZai
      Hi, my current telescope is Celestron ExploraScope 70AZ, thinking upgrade to skywatcher heritage 130P(came with 25mm ajd 10mm EP) ,  if i do, can i use the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow from my old celestron on the 130P?
      One more question, i ordered a eyepiece camera Svbony SV105, i wonder what is magnification of this camera and how it work to change magnification. 

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

• By LuminousCRO
      I was looking to get into astrophotography with my 10 inch dobson and for start would like to buy something affordable. Cameras can be used or new. Thanks in advance!
    • By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.