Narrowband

Pelican and North American Nebulae HaRGB

gorann

Here is a telephoto version of these classics that are still visible at my latitude for a few hours. I gathered the Ha data 2 April with my Canon 300mm f/4 and a 12nm clip filter (unmodded Canon 60D, 6 x 25 min) to which I added RGB data from 11 November gathered with my Samyang 135mm f/2 (169 x 1 min). All @ ISO1600. So totally 5.3 hours of data.

I think I like the colours but some may think they are a bit over the top. Maybe I should pull back on saturation?

C & S most welcome!

Cheers

IMG6229-34PS13cropSmallSign.jpg

10 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Wow, that must be the first image of this region for this year. I't almost circumpolar, but still very low in the sky. Lovely image though.

Thanks Wim!

With a Ha filter I think it is possible to get closer to the horizon without too much sky glow. However, I also took some Ha images with the 5" refractor at the same time and the resolution was not as good as in some RGB data I have previously collected in the autumn.

Archived