Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

michaelmorris

Kelling Heath Spring 2018?

Is anyone else going to the Spring Star Party at Kelling Heath next week?  We'll be on T353 (red field).

Edited by michaelmorris

Looks like we might be neighbours then..bring some clear skies with you as it's my first kelling visit..

Yep, I'll be popping my Kelling cherry too.  I'm on T369, arriving Thursday afternoon with any luck.  I would usually go to Astrocamp in Cwmdu, but it's time to try somewhere new.  Looking forward to it, if only for the break away from home!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Tony

• Thanks 1

We’ll be there on our usual t149, yellow field all week. We need some clear skies, we haven’t had many this year so far.

Anne

14 hours ago, AstroNinja said:

I'll be there :)

Jon

M

aybe the next one for me?

22 hours ago, newbie alert said:

...  it's my first kelling visit.

Which pitch are you on?  I worked it out the other day and I think it's my 13th or 14th Star Party at Kelling Heath :icon_biggrin:

Edited by michaelmorris

4 hours ago, mountainmadman said:

Yep, I'll be popping my Kelling cherry too.  I'm on T369, arriving Thursday afternoon with any luck.  I would usually go to Astrocamp in Cwmdu, but it's time to try somewhere new.  Looking forward to it, if only for the break away from home!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Tony

Quite a bit further for you to travel than Astrocamp. 

We pottle over from Worcester in our motorhome, stopping for a late cooked breakfast near Peterborough.  We usually leave the house at around 7:30 am, avoid the traffic jams on the M5, M42 and most of the M6 by travelling via Stratford, and Coventry and usually reckon to arrive at Kelling at around lunchtime.  If your going the shortest route (A14 > Oundle > Peterborough > Wisbech > Kings Lynn >Fakenham) watch out for all the forward facing speed cameras (my recollection is that there are 8 or 9 of them) + the new average speed cameras on the Peterborough bypass.

Edited by michaelmorris
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks Michael! I won't be able to leave until around 9.30. I'm using a hire van which I am picking up at 8.00am, so by the time I load it and grab my supplies from the supermarket, it's going to take up a bit more time. The last time I went anywhere in Norfolk, I was a teenager in the halcyon days of chasing after a young lady! Those were the days! Really looking forward to it though. Have a safe trip over 😉

22 hours ago, mountainmadman said:

Wow, thanks Michael! I won't be able to leave until around 9.30.

You should miss the worst of the traffic on the motorways then.

• Haha 1

I'm up on Friday - Pitch 398 Red

Not convinced there's going to be much viewing so packing plenty of beers and a good book or two.

Rob

• Like 1

Anyone there yet !? If so what’s the condition of the red field I spoke to receiption and they said they’ve had a lot of rain in my books that’s soggy ground 

We’ve just arrived on the yellow field. The grass is wet but firm and our motorhome has gone on fine. There’s not many puddles either, at least in the yellow field. 

Anne

4 hours ago, Anne S said:

We’ve just arrived on the yellow field. The grass is wet but firm and our motorhome has gone on fine. There’s not many puddles either, at least in the yellow field. 

Anne

Thanks Anne looks like it should be dry enough no sinking motorhome or heavy mounts 😝

29 minutes ago, Allan the plumber said:

Thanks Anne looks like it should be dry enough no sinking motorhome or heavy mounts 😝

I'm arriving tomorrow and have a pitch on the yellow field too. I Don't have the number handy. This is my first visit to Kelling, hoping that the weather is at least dry and looking forward to meeting some of you and to making some new Astro friends. 

Steve 

• Like 2

I’ve had a chance to walk around now, the newer bit of the yellow field, the bit behind the toilet block, is a bit muddy in places. Lots of motorhomes and caravans in the red field!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

I'm arriving tomorrow and have a pitch on the yellow field too. I Don't have the number handy. This is my first visit to Kelling, hoping that the weather is at least dry and looking forward to meeting some of you and to making some new Astro friends. 

Steve 

More than welcome to pop in for a tea coffee or more likley a beer on Red 378

• Thanks 1

How are you guys managing to get a signal at Kelling, I can't get anything not even a phone signal when I am there, unless I wander around and if lucky find the occasion postage stamp of signal (normally by the water taps) or go to reception and even then their own wifi doesn't work?

Carole 

I’ve got 4g in the yellow field. It’s improved over the last year and, as long as I don’t hold my phone it works well most of the time if I tether it to my iPad!

Perhaps I only had 3G last time I was there, but I have 4G now, hopefully it will work OK next time I am there.

Carole 

Anyone there comment on the weather (cloud) I had a mini drama today and have just finished sorting it out..will keep an eye on the weather and hopefully it be clear tomorrow night

On 12/04/2018 at 09:17, Allan the plumber said:

I can comment on the cloud- but the forum rools preclude me doing sooo.. :-)