Narrowband

Kelling Heath Spring 2018?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'll be popping my Kelling cherry too.  I'm on T369, arriving Thursday afternoon with any luck.  I would usually go to Astrocamp in Cwmdu, but it's time to try somewhere new.  Looking forward to it, if only for the break away from home!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Tony

4 hours ago, mountainmadman said:

Yep, I'll be popping my Kelling cherry too.  I'm on T369, arriving Thursday afternoon with any luck.  I would usually go to Astrocamp in Cwmdu, but it's time to try somewhere new.  Looking forward to it, if only for the break away from home!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Tony

Quite a bit further for you to travel than Astrocamp. 

We pottle over from Worcester in our motorhome, stopping for a late cooked breakfast near Peterborough.  We usually leave the house at around 7:30 am, avoid the traffic jams on the M5, M42 and most of the M6 by travelling via Stratford, and Coventry and usually reckon to arrive at Kelling at around lunchtime.  If your going the shortest route (A14 > Oundle > Peterborough > Wisbech > Kings Lynn >Fakenham) watch out for all the forward facing speed cameras (my recollection is that there are 8 or 9 of them) + the new average speed cameras on the Peterborough bypass.

Wow, thanks Michael! I won't be able to leave until around 9.30. I'm using a hire van which I am picking up at 8.00am, so by the time I load it and grab my supplies from the supermarket, it's going to take up a bit more time. The last time I went anywhere in Norfolk, I was a teenager in the halcyon days of chasing after a young lady! Those were the days! Really looking forward to it though. Have a safe trip over ?

4 hours ago, Anne S said:

We’ve just arrived on the yellow field. The grass is wet but firm and our motorhome has gone on fine. There’s not many puddles either, at least in the yellow field. 

Anne

Thanks Anne looks like it should be dry enough no sinking motorhome or heavy mounts ?

29 minutes ago, Allan the plumber said:

Thanks Anne looks like it should be dry enough no sinking motorhome or heavy mounts ?

I'm arriving tomorrow and have a pitch on the yellow field too. I Don't have the number handy. This is my first visit to Kelling, hoping that the weather is at least dry and looking forward to meeting some of you and to making some new Astro friends. 

Steve 

I’ve had a chance to walk around now, the newer bit of the yellow field, the bit behind the toilet block, is a bit muddy in places. Lots of motorhomes and caravans in the red field!

3 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

I'm arriving tomorrow and have a pitch on the yellow field too. I Don't have the number handy. This is my first visit to Kelling, hoping that the weather is at least dry and looking forward to meeting some of you and to making some new Astro friends. 

Steve 

More than welcome to pop in for a tea coffee or more likley a beer on Red 378

How are you guys managing to get a signal at Kelling, I can't get anything not even a phone signal when I am there, unless I wander around and if lucky find the occasion postage stamp of signal (normally by the water taps) or go to reception and even then their own wifi doesn't work?

Carole 

On 12/04/2018 at 09:17, Allan the plumber said:

I can comment on the cloud- but the forum rools preclude me doing sooo.. :-) 

Archived