Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

I'm trying to take pics with my Pentax camera and have a "C" mount and a 40mm extension tube........what else do I need for to take photos with this lens?    Relatively new to all of this.   Thanks for any replies 

IMG_0324.JPG

You will need a Pentax t-ring to T2 and possibly a M43 to T2 for the top of the eyepiece.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 25585
      For holidays, birding and astronomy I would like a spotting scope that is shock and water proof, which take interchangeable  1.25 in/31.7 mm eye pieces. It would be a refractor 45 degree to 90 degree prism model, 80 to 100mm OD.
      Pentax models, Nikon and Celestron Regal all do, any others?
      For astronomy, which are going to give the best views for flat field, low or no chromatic or any other kind of aberration? 

• By bottletopburly
      Can anyone tell me / confirm that I need the 5mm cs adapter to fit my qhy5L-11  so this will focus at infinity with the 25mm  cctv lens  I assume I remove the c adapter and replace with the CS adapter .
    • By Neil27
      Thinning the herd and getting rid of equipment I no longer use.
      14mm XW eyepiece for sale - immaculate condition, comes with original box, tube case and end caps - £160 includes P&P
      Optically superb, these are great eye pieces, I'll regret it but I'm simply not using them.
      Any questions then please contact me.

• By 25585
      Pentax XW 40 mm. Straight swap for a Tele Vue 41mm Panoptic. 
    • By 25585
      Looking at the Ricoh site, it gives eye relief for the 8 - 24 zoom as 18 to 22mm. 
      FOV less than XWs, but how is the optical quality from 14 to 22mm compared to XW eps for those two focal lengths? Given the varying reports of field curvature etc, is the zoom's view for astronomical viewing better edge to edge, if not wider?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.