Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from North Carolina

ncmike

Hello everyone !! I just joined the other day and what a wonderful forum it is. I just started into astrophotography . I have been doing visual for awhile now ready for the next step.

Best  Wishes

Mike

7 minutes ago, Buzzard75 said:

Welcome fellow North Carolinian! If you're interested, I'm a member of a club that's based out of Morehead City. It's a bit of a drive from Fayetteville, but if you're in the area and we're having an event, they're open to the public. I also just started astrophotography myself.

https://www.facebook.com/CCgazers

Thanks for the invite. Yes it is a bit of a drive . I do get up that way  with my other hobby I go to Tryon Palace to do revolution war reenacting. We had asto club here in the cape fear region but it has 

kind of fallen apart.

hello mike, astrophotography is something i would like to try in the future, just got to get proficient at the visual first look forward to seeing your pictures.

9 hours ago, ncmike said:

Thanks for the invite. Yes it is a bit of a drive . I do get up that way  with my other hobby I go to Tryon Palace to do revolution war reenacting. We had asto club here in the cape fear region but it has 

kind of fallen apart.

Very cool! I actually live just down the street from Tryon Palace.

Thanks everone for the warm welcome!! So far I have learned a large amount of information from here.

My next project is setting up remote control from my back yard deck so I can do EAA from inside the house.

Welcome to the forum.  Nice part of the world is NC - I was lucky enough to visit and work at RTP back in the eighties and nineties. Best of luck with the remote control project, I’m just starting out down the same path...

Archived