Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroTrac 360

melsky

35 minutes ago, Space Hopper said:

Still had no news from Astrotrac regarding dispatch, delivery.

I was told it was to be with me by the end of September, and i'm not optimistic.....

Very disappointed with all this.......

You must be incredibly frustrated. I was going nuts waiting for 'just' two months for my new scope to arrive (I gave up in the end and ordered something else), so you must be beyond the end of your tether. Looking on the bright side, I guess it's good news that someone on CN has received one and it seems to be working really well (ignoring, for the moment, the question of why they got it before you), so hopefully it's not a question of IF you will receive it, but WHEN.

• Thanks 1

Still an if, i'm afraid.

Despite being promised it by the end of last month (and thats a full year after AstroTracs initial delivery promise)

nothing has transpired. No communication, no dispatch notice, nothing.

Once again, i've asked for a refund if they cannot supply it, and have given them till the end of the week for resolution.

The next step is a small claims court to recover the payment.

Not what i want to do, but i have no other alternative.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Space Hopper said:

Still an if, i'm afraid.

Despite being promised it by the end of last month (and thats a full year after AstroTracs initial delivery promise)

nothing has transpired. No communication, no dispatch notice, nothing.

Once again, i've asked for a refund if they cannot supply it, and have given them till the end of the week for resolution.

The next step is a small claims court to recover the payment.

Not what i want to do, but i have no other alternative.

If you paid via PayPal, talk to PayPal, they are on your side. If you paid by Credit Card, Talk to the credit card company.  I made a huge purchase using PayPal, the item arrived broken. The shop, I felt, just delayed and delayed giving me my money back. So, I spoke with PayPal on one Tuesday and had my money back in my account by Friday lunchtime.

Good luck.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

@RobertI 

Hi, yes, i'm sorry, i should have updated this.

After another email badgering Richard, i had a notification the 360 had been dispatched and it arrived a couple of weeks ago.

All looks ok, and i only have the single standard tracker, for use with a camera + lens upto 200mm FL. I've not considered a dual 360 setup, and probably won't now after this wait.

I've been really busy with work and with the recent weather, its not first light yet.

I will add a photo tomorrow...

Edited by Space Hopper
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I know the Astrotrac 360 has been available for around three years now, but there seems to be very little discussion on the mount and there is virtually no stock available from the major astro retailers. Plus the Astrotrac website is showing all the signs of not being maintained anymore. I wonder what’s going on?