Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

melsky

AstroTrac 360

I (and others i'm sure) had the email at the start of July saying it had gone into production

with the first units due to ship mid August with the initial orders to be delivered by the end of September.

Its all gone a bit quiet ; they have obviously either hit a delay or who knows what ?

Anyone else heard anything ?

It is now a year on from the "November update" on their website, with no sign of saleable units. Anyone got news? I really liked the concept

I have an update from Richard,

The mount is in full production and they're making excellent progress and are on 'the home straight' if you like.

Ok, there's been a few delays, some mechanical and some electrical, but all is now well, so i'm told.

One has to expect one or two delays with a new product like this : i for one am happy to wait. I'd much sooner they took the time, 

and iron out any faults, then rush it through only for there to be unforseen problems further down the line.

Richard has sent me a photo of the new drive units awaiting assembly (i won't share it on here) and the quality of the machining

looks excellent. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and putting it through its paces 😀