SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quattro Mirror cell on 250PDS?

Bit of an odd question this.

I have a 250 Quattro, and I'd like to get a second tube with focuser which I plan to convert to a 2 piece tube so I can pack it into a suitcase for airline travel for planetary photography.

I cant find the tube diameter for the 250PDS from the published specs - so, does anyone know if the mirror cell from a Quattro 250 would go into a 250PDS tube? I think the Quattro may have a bigger tube diameter to avoid vignetting at the front. The point is I might be able to get a 250PDS with a knackered mirror on the cheap, whereas a cheap Quattro isnt so likely.

I could simply split the Quattro tube, but I'd rather use one without baffles.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a 250PDS which they could kindly measure the tube diameter?

On 3/30/2018 at 23:30, CraigT82 said:

I think it's 288mm OD and ~284mm ID. Might be wrong though, don't have one to measure.

Ok thanks - and sorry for slow reply!

288mm matches the spec given for the Quattro on TS optics website so thats good. Just measured my Quattro and the OD of the tube seems slightly less - about 284. Anyhow it's likely the 250PDS is the same as the Quattro and probably uses the same cell - but it would be really nice if anyone has one and wouldnt mind measuring it for me please! The ID of the tube or the OD of the cell.

Thanks!

Archived