Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"Silent Glory" - Milky Way near Ottawa reprocessed

aa-Stereiscopic.jpg

A full arch Milky Way shot at North Frontenac Dark Sky Preserve in Ardoch, Ontario. The is my version 2 of a previously posted image.
Composed of 28 panels for the sky and 6 panels for the landscape. I completely restacked and reprocessed these panels in Pixinsight with calibration frames.

Technical info
 Camera: Nikon D5500
 Lens: Sigma 24-35/f2 Art
 Tripod head: Sirui L-20S Pan/Tilt Head
Sunwayfoto DDP-64SI Indexing Rotator for Panoramas
 Aperture F2
 Exposure: 6 seconds x 10 shots and stacked
 ISO 3200
 Focal length 24mm

Shooting workflow:
4 rows, 7 frames/row, 10 shots/frame. Begin shooting at the top row left side and work left to right then down to horizon row. I completely restacked and reprocessed these panels.

Processing workflow:
28 stacks of 10 images each processed in Pixinsight as follows:
- Step 1: Calibration and Integration with 100 darks, 100 bias and 64 flats
- Step 2: Automatic Background Extraction and Dynamic Background Extraction depending on the stack
 - Step 3. Background Neutralization
 - Step 4. Color Calibration
 - Step 4. Stretch using ArcsinhStretch
28 processed stacks were stitched together with Microsoft ICE (awesome program by the way!!!)
 Foreground landscape images stitched in MS ICE
 Foreground pano blended into sky pano in Photoshop CS5
 Final processing of complete image done in Photoshop CS5

On 3/30/2018 at 11:46, Sunshine said:

I want a mural of that shot covering my entire wall in my upstairs office/telescope room lol, really, i'm serious!

LOL! Thanks Sunshine, it's nice to know you like it that much. If you really are serious (it's totally OK if you're just kidding) then send me a private message and we can chat.

Best regards,
Rudy

Archived