Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tiangong-1

tingting44

Is any one hoping to catch a peek of the chinese sapce station falling to earth these coming couple days? ive only read bits and pieces in the news paper which is not the best source of info lol, so i thought id come here to the pro's lol :)

34 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Because of its orbit, we sadly won't be able to have a souvenir from it... the most northern part of its orbit is in Southern Europe if I remember it correctly. Either way it is interesting to follow its decent.

From a chart given in one of the comments, the closest part of the orbit takes it over northern Spain. I doubt we'd even get to see much, if any, of the re-entry if it happened in that part of the orbit. I'm sure it would be a spectacular sight if we could though!

I live on the east coast of the US at about 35deg. It should make a handful of passes over my area so I'll be watching for it. The majority of the passes are going to be during the daytime with only one or two in the middle of the night or pre-dawn hours. I wonder how visible it will be during the daytime.

Archived