Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb_winners.thumb.jpg.76afad2f76e2775222463282012f8ea7.jpg

Littleguy80    1,720
30 minutes ago, Paz said:

Good luck with the new filter. I use my UHC the most then an oiii and the H b the least but it is satisfying knowing you've got one in your arsenal for when you need it.

Thank you. That’s pretty much how I feel  about it. It may not get a lot of use compared to the others but hopefully will allow me to see some of the more challenging targets!

scarp15    2,527

As previously mentioned Neil, perhaps as a future consideration, an additional eyepiece with a larger exit pupil will be advantageous. Your intended 20mm will undoubtedly receive a lot of use, including with this filter, a close to optimum exit pupil for (perhaps one night) gaining a glimpse of the Horse Head. It should be suitable to try on a range of targets with the H-beta, an eyepiece such as a 30mm will have benefits with (and without) a H-beta filter, not something to hurry into, particularly where finances are concerned.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1