Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in Ha today 29:03:2018

laudropb

4 sets of proms visible at the moment. Nothing particularly spectacular and seeing is not great, but it’s nice to be able to spot some activity.

Getting into the swing of Ha observing. This is the 6th day out of the last 7 that I have managed to observe. The benefits of an Ha set up are pretty obvious. I love WL views of sunspots and faculae, but observing a spotless Sun in WL is hardly exciting. The outlay for a Ha system is definitely justified in my opinion.

My next step is to try solar imaging, so dear members be prepared for lots of basic questions.

John

Yep, just managed my first session of the year this morning. Just two small bright plage areas & then a number of small proms around the rim. At least it was warm IN THE sun :)

Got to try my new pair of 18.2mm DeLite's in the MarkV for the first time too, they seemed nice a sharp!

Looking at NOAA then something may be coming around the corner soon...

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

On 29/03/2018 at 19:56, Stu said:

Nice one John, glad you are enjoying the Quark. Just wait till the sun is high and you get some decent seeing!!

Thanks Stu. It certainly helps to have Ha views when the Sun is so quiet in WL. Just one small point it’s a Lunt 50 that I have.

15 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Thanks Stu. It certainly helps to have Ha views when the Sun is so quiet in WL. Just one small point it’s a Lunt 50 that I have.

Sorry! Getting confused :) 

Very nice scope, let’s hope we have a good summer now.

Archived