Can't adjust secondary mirror screws

I recently picked up a laser collimator for my 130SLT and looked up how I should go about it. The primary mirror was done with ease however the secondary was way off center so I went and got an allen key set. I tried loosening all three (with quite a bit of force) but none of them budged. I used a 2mm and 2.5mm allen key to try to get it to move but no success. Any reasons why it won't move? Cross threaded maybe or just really tight?

If they are tight the 3 allen headed bolts then you could try and loosen the centre Philips bolt ever so slightly DO NOT remove centre bolt otherwise your secondary mirror will come away from the spider (anticlockwise). On my sw scope I could not budge the bolts on my secondary really tight so I undid the Philips centre one just a tad and then I was able adjust my secondary mirror. Also make sure your scope is horizontal so nothing can fall onto the primary mirror.

Andy

1 hour ago, fozzybear said:

If they are tight the 3 allen headed bolts then you could try and loosen the centre Philips bolt ever so slightly DO NOT remove centre bolt otherwise your secondary mirror will come away from the spider (anticlockwise). On my sw scope I could not budge the bolts on my secondary really tight so I undid the Philips centre one just a tad and then I was able adjust my secondary mirror. Also make sure your scope is horizontal so nothing can fall onto the primary mirror.

Andy

Did exactly that, worked like a charm. I did however use the wrong allen key due to the labelling so both kinda helped xD

Thanks ever so much,

Matt

17 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

happy to help been there done that got the tee-shirt

Ditto, mine were that tight I thought the scope would never recover if I did manage to budge them - terrifying.  SGLers told me to loosen the big one in the middle too....and it worked just like a dream as with yours.  They know what they are on about on here!:hello2:

4 minutes ago, JOC said:

Ditto, mine were that tight I thought the scope would never recover if I did manage to budge them - terrifying.  SGLers told me to loosen the big one in the middle too....and it worked just like a dream as with yours.  They know what they are on about on here!:hello2:

those little Chinese people have big muscles:thumbsup:

Archived