Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Van den Berg 142 in SII, Ha and OIII

GordonH

Hi All

I had a go at this a while ago on a cloudy night just using Ha and as it was clear tonight (up till 2am anyway) I thought I'd have a go using the SII, Ha and OIII palette also using the Ha as luminance. I had originally planned 12x10 minutes on each channel but fog and cloud came in after half way so I ended up with 60 minutes per filter. I was intending to start autoguiding this week and I have my guiding scope but I was having trouble with some conflicts and calibration so the subframes are still taken unguided, the frames are dark subtracted using 10 darks median combined, the subsequent combined master frames were colour combined in maxim dl and processed in photoshop, no bias or flat field frames were used (I will one day), the colour balance may not be spot on but I am pleased with the result, I hope you like it. I have included a widefield and close up

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

PS Hope everybody enjoyed Kelling Heath

:)

post-13589-133877347457_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877347465_thumb.jpg

Hi Billy

Thanks for the comments, following some tips from a friend of mine I had a go at tweaking the image a bit in relation to levels, colour balance and sharpening, here is the closeup, the widefield is on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

I like this one better, what do people think?

Best wishes

Gordon (sat in shed at 2.40am)

Archived