Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best wide lens eyepiece under 80$

Hi stargazers! 

I don't have a DSLR, but I have expensive mirrorless camera so I need wide lens on top of the eyepiece. I need at least 65 degree fov. I did research but I still didn't find anything good.

Luminous

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Fredster1970 said:

Little confused. Are you after a wide lens for the mirrorless camera or wide angle eyepiece for the scope? Sorry if I have completely misunderstood.

2 hours ago, Fredster1970 said:

Little confused. Are you after a wide lens for the mirrorless camera or wide angle eyepiece for the scope? Sorry if I have completely misunderstood.

So, I need an eyepiece which I can take pictures through. That means I don't want that part of the eyepiece where the light exists is narrow. That needs to be wide. Than I can take my camera stand and shoot. 

Sorry for misleading text.?

Ah right, so you want to do A-Focal astrophotography? Camera with lens attached mated to the telescope eyepiece.

I think the Hyperion eyepieces have a detachable eyecup which comes off to reveal a thread. You could then use a step ring to mate the camera lens to the eyepiece. Is that the sort of thing you were after? The Hyperion is a widefield eyepiece with a nice chunky piece of glass. I've not done this since I messed about taking shots of the Moon using Panasonic bridge camera and a Moonfish 15mm 80deg eyepiece.

1 hour ago, Fredster1970 said:

I meant to say the Hyperion sells for approx £60 secondhand. Clones of the Moonfish 15mm 80deg are still available for approx £50. Not sure what else fits the bill below £80. 

Thank you so much! I found a Moonfish 2" 30mm Superview and it sells for literally nothing. It is like 60$! I saved a lot of money because of You.

17 hours ago, LuminousCRO said:

Thank you so much! I found a Moonfish 2" 30mm Superview and it sells for literally nothing. It is like 60$! I saved a lot of money because of You.

Great stuff, the Moonfish 30mm should be a good, cheap way of trying it all out without investing too much money. Hope it all works out great.

Archived