Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Joeistotalycool

250pds on neq6

Hello, I was wondering if the Skywatcher 250pds would be too heavy for the neq6. The neq6 has a rowan belt mod and I will be using the Altair astro 60mm guidescope, and a canon 1200d. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, Joeistotalycool said:

Hello, I was wondering if the Skywatcher 250pds would be too heavy for the neq6. The neq6 has a rowan belt mod and I will be using the Altair astro 60mm guidescope, and a canon 1200d. Thanks.

Ive imaged with a 250px, using a finderscope guider, but I’ve guided with a piggybacked ST80, on the EQ6 - no problems. 

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Ive imaged with a 250px, using a finderscope guider, but I’ve guided with a piggybacked ST80, on the EQ6 - no problems. 

Thanks, do you think the SW ED80 would be too much weight?

• Haha 1

Just now, Joeistotalycool said:

Wow, thats quite the setup! Thanks for your help :) 

It’s a bit tricky to grip but it’s carryable about 10m max 

• Haha 1

Hello. I have been using the same setup, both using a 80mm guide scope, 50mm finder guider and with an OAG.

it all works, with the OAG as the best option and the 80mm as the worst. It’s really the wind which is the biggest enemy with this setup. The EQ6 can handle the weight, but you want as much shelter from the wind as possible.