First GOTO mount

furrysocks2

I finally have my first GOTO mount - two ebay purchases and a wanted (thanks Steve) - Meade DS-2000 w/ tripod and a #497 controller and USB cable. I spotted the mount on eBay and after a partial refund due to a cracked altitude casting, got it for <£12. Tripod was a little more and the controller was more than those two put together. I still need to repair or replace the broken part.

image.png.13445cb2a4d59f8c0f633186e6cdb488.png

I'd been playing around with my EQ3 last year, adding motors, driver boards and an Arduino but got a bit fankled in all the wiring and current adjustment etc...

I had fun live-stacking 2s exposures through my 1/3" guidecam and a 1/1.4 50mm CCTV lens on a pistol grip tripod head - untracked.

image.png.447df54c1e9a4fd1183defa8ab3a17db.png

image.png

I've also got a 1/1.6 5-40mm lens for it, so hoping to take some slightly longer, wider shots. How long I can track before field rotation in each frame becomes unacceptable I guess depends on the position in the sky.

Some daytime timelapse might be fun too.

Archived