SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Little Luna

Littleguy80

Took my youngest out this evening and showed her the moon and Venus through the dob. I don’t get the kids out enough with the scope really but it’s always nice when I do. They’re always fascinated with what they can see. The older two enjoyed pushing the magnification up. We went up to 300x, barlowing the 8mm BST. Held up pretty well. I also had my binoculars out trying to spot Mercury. The three year old amused me by appearing next to me with her fisher price binoculars. Hopefully they’ll all grow up with the habit of looking up!

E7900C57-FC9B-4A62-90BB-9792FAC5DE43.thumb.jpeg.29251507c590fcb52dc275bba7f962de.jpeg

On 26/03/2018 at 21:07, Littleguy80 said:

Took my youngest out this evening and showed her the moon and Venus through the dob. I don’t get the kids out enough with the scope really but it’s always nice when I do. They’re always fascinated with what they can see. The older two enjoyed pushing the magnification up. We went up to 300x, barlowing the 8mm BST. Held up pretty well. I also had my binoculars out trying to spot Mercury. The three year old amused me by appearing next to me with her fisher price binoculars. Hopefully they’ll all grow up with the habit of looking up!

E7900C57-FC9B-4A62-90BB-9792FAC5DE43.thumb.jpeg.29251507c590fcb52dc275bba7f962de.jpeg

It's a lovely thing to share with your kids, my daughter used to grab my dob and swing it around finding Orion and Pleiades with ease when she was 7.

Now she just says ... ' I've seen that ' 

On 3/26/2018 at 21:07, Littleguy80 said:

Hopefully they’ll all grow up with the habit of looking up!

I hope so too Littleguy80.

My now long gone Dad, set me on the path of looking up as a very small child when the USA was shooting for the Moon.
We then watched many a televised launch together over the years.
I carried on looking up and have done ever since.

Have shared the night sky with both my daughters and can but hope that the desire to look up continues on with them.

You carry on doing what you are doing.

22 minutes ago, Alan White said:

I hope so too Littleguy80.

My now long gone Dad, set me on the path of looking up as a very small child when the USA was shooting for the Moon.
We then watched many a televised launch together over the years.
I carried on looking up and have done ever since.

Have shared the night sky with both my daughters and can but hope that the desire to look up continues on with them.

You carry on doing what you are doing.

Thank you for sharing that, Alan. So lovely to hear that your Dad set you on the stargazing path :) With so many electronic distractions, I hope my kids can find a way to escape to nature whether that be stargazing or some other outdoor pursuit. 

Archived