SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ha sketch 25/3/18 430pm

Moonshane

Nice sketch, Shane. And interesting in that my view was different: the prom feature was in the/my NW, rather than SW.

Any explanation for that difference? I’m referring to views with my Lunt 60.

1 hour ago, Moonshane said:

I use a pst mod which uses a Baader wedge and this created a an upright but left right reversed image. I presume the Lunt gives a corrected image? Then again did you observe early?

I viewed from 11am through until about 2.30 mostly just see if the mount was tracking. But disappointing view, I may invest in a solar scope at some point at least then can see something.

4 hours ago, Moonshane said:

I use a pst mod which uses a Baader wedge and this created a an upright but left right reversed image. I presume the Lunt gives a corrected image? Then again did you observe early?

My Lunt produces an upright, L-R reversed image, too.

I was observing earlier and that may well be the answer. Thanks.

‘Simples’ when I think about it. ?

On 26/03/2018 at 09:40, wookie1965 said:

I viewed from 11am through until about 2.30 mostly just see if the mount was tracking. But disappointing view, I may invest in a solar scope at some point at least then can see something.

Me too, I'm accumulating a lot of solar sessions where I haven't seen a sausage.

Archived