Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

vdb

Markarian's Chain

Nice! I was working on the area below and left of this last week. We should do a mega mosaic...

Olly

• Like 1

I've got this on my hit-list for the 80mm astrograph and ASI183. Whether I'll be able to do anything before we lose astro-dark is a moot question.

On 3/25/2018 at 18:55, ollypenrice said:

Nice! I was working on the area below and left of this last week. We should do a mega mosaic...

Olly

This region is really nice indeed and seldom imagined in a wider field ... guess everybody wan't galaxies up close ....

/Yves

I really love everything about how this image turned out, great job! :)

Wonderful image with heaps to look at ( oh, andI love the bright blue star :) ) 

Really nice field of view - loads going on!

Only thing that I'd say is that (at least on this laptop, which isn't renowned for perfect screen calibration....), there looks like a dark band horizontally through the image centre? Maybe from the mosaicing? It might be that with a proper screen it's at low enough difference to the background sky that it's not visible!

2 hours ago, coatesg said:

Really nice field of view - loads going on!

Only thing that I'd say is that (at least on this laptop, which isn't renowned for perfect screen calibration....), there looks like a dark band horizontally through the image centre? Maybe from the mosaicing? It might be that with a proper screen it's at low enough difference to the background sky that it's not visible!

Indeed, the blending was a quick job, and I should re-do it to get a better result.