SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Markarian's Chain

vdb

On 3/25/2018 at 18:55, ollypenrice said:

Nice! I was working on the area below and left of this last week. We should do a mega mosaic...

Olly

This region is really nice indeed and seldom imagined in a wider field ... guess everybody wan't galaxies up close ....

/Yves

Really nice field of view - loads going on!

Only thing that I'd say is that (at least on this laptop, which isn't renowned for perfect screen calibration....), there looks like a dark band horizontally through the image centre? Maybe from the mosaicing? It might be that with a proper screen it's at low enough difference to the background sky that it's not visible!

2 hours ago, coatesg said:

Really nice field of view - loads going on!

Only thing that I'd say is that (at least on this laptop, which isn't renowned for perfect screen calibration....), there looks like a dark band horizontally through the image centre? Maybe from the mosaicing? It might be that with a proper screen it's at low enough difference to the background sky that it's not visible!

Indeed, the blending was a quick job, and I should re-do it to get a better result.

Archived