Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maplin sale

Davey-T

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Sad to say but Maplin are having a closing down everything must go sale.

May be a lot of useful bits going cheap.

Dave

popped in yesterday up to 40% off ,some of the dearer items may be a better deal but generally they are over priced anyway ,worth a browse round though  

I think they have around 250 branches so a few folk out of work

3 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

I find RS online the cheapest for most electrical items, and free next day delivery....hard to beat really...

I sometimes give up trying to find stuff on RS and just pop to the local Maplin :grin:

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

I think they have around 250 branches so a few folk out of work

I sometimes give up trying to find stuff on RS and just pop to the local Maplin :grin:

Dave

Yes I have to admit, it’s not th easiest website to navigate, but once you get used to it, it’s works.. :)

I bought a new eyepiece aluminium flight case from Maplin today. It was £12.99, reduced from £29.99. Obviously it was hugely over priced to begin with but £12.99 beat all the best prices on EBay for a 400mm wide, 125mm tall case. So very pleased. Plus I didn’t drive out of my way as we were in Aldi next door anyway.

Agree with others, very little else though as it was high to start.

8 minutes ago, russ said:

I bought a new eyepiece aluminium flight case from Maplin today. It was £12.99, reduced from £29.99. Obviously it was hugely over priced to begin with but £12.99 beat all the best prices on EBay for a 400mm wide, 125mm tall case. So very pleased. Plus I didn’t drive out of my way as we were in Aldi next door anyway.

Agree with others, very little else though as it was high to start.

Paid £29.99 for one about a month ago :cussing:

Dave

10 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

I did actually look at this on their website, wasn't really after one but thought it might be nice. In actual fact it is still only £29 cheaper than jessops and £20 cheaper than FLO. So yes worth saving £20 if you are after one but not enough of a reduction to make me buy one, which I probably would have done if it was so cheap I just could not buy one (if you know what I mean).

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Small flight cases are now £11.99 in our Donny store. Or you can buy all 3 sizes for £34. I already have one this size as it’s prefect for camera and eps so now my BSTs get a home of their own....? Sad that Maplin is closing though, used to use em a lot back in my engineering days ?

81A44C79-38B0-4F7E-B517-58C1FB9529CC.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Trouble is as these shops go under it's making shopping centres less and less worth visiting. In the end what will we have left? Cafes, charity and clothes shops?  Boring! 

Don't worry once they cease to become financially viable they'll be demolished to make way for retirement homes for the elderly :grin:

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2018 at 12:24, LightBucket said:

Link does not go to product...was it supposed to ? :)

Possible not? I note (on arrival) the case has slight "cosmetic differences"
from the REAL thing. Whether that matters or not is up to the individual? ;)

I was a bit surprised to find that its stores are still open when I passed the Liverpool one.  Bloke on the desk said they were still receiving stock!  Plenty of aluminium cases, desktop fans, tools, components, etc..

I picked up a wireless mouse (very handy with the laptop in the shed at night) and R/C mains socket.

If you have a local store, I'd recommend a visit!

Doug.

Archived