Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alternatives to Adobe Photoshop

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up, if you have an old version of photoshop / lightroom and your new camera isn't supported, you can use adobe DNG converter to convert files. Works well, supports new cameras as quickly as PS does, and free. My setup is CS5  and 6, so released 2011, using the DNG converter it still works with new cameras.

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

Just a heads up, if you have an old version of photoshop / lightroom and your new camera isn't supported, you can use adobe DNG converter to convert files. Works well, supports new cameras as quickly as PS does, and free. My setup is CS5  and 6, so released 2011, using the DNG converter it still works with new cameras.

Do you have any issues with Win 10 + CS5? I use DNG converter which makes light work of RAW conversions...x64 CS5 is very sluggish on my Win10 setup even with the relevant RAM tweaks.

Very much liking AP but want to continue using CS5 to keep options open. Might even load it onto an old Win7 lappy...

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I did use the DNG converter but find it fiddly, it would be nice if it could auto delete the original RAWs after batch conversion rather having to manually find and delete them.

Alan

1 hour ago, Beulah said:

Do you have any issues with Win 10 + CS5? I use DNG converter which makes light work of RAW conversions...x64 CS5 is very sluggish on my Win10 setup even with the relevant RAM tweaks.

Very much liking AP but want to continue using CS5 to keep options open. Might even load it onto an old Win7 lappy...

No problems with Win10 here, although lightroom is CS5, photoshop is CS6, both 64bit.

Archived