Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW TO ALL THIS

rushy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve

Welcome from land down under

In this forum, you travel the universe, and make new friends from all points of the compass

Hope you have a lot of fun with your new toy

Might be useful, to rock up one night to your local astronomy club/society, and take your scope with you

I know the club I belong to, sort out a lot issues for new members with their scopes

Enjoy your adventure

John 

Hi my name's Adrian I'm 58 and new to this game also, just been to Leeds to collect a pristine Meade lx90 but had major problems getting anything tonight, all I could see was a white blur no matter how I tried, I read up and it said slight turns on the focusing knob but after a lot of " slight turning " the moon came into view, unfortunatley it only came with one eye piece so I'm limited but I'm hoping I can get closer with other eye pieces.Not sure what I'm going to be able to see and in what detail but I  guess it' wait and see but got some quite good moons shots.

20180328_221050.jpg

20180328_221010.jpg

Adrian i haven't got he equipment to take photographs yet but it is something i would like to do in the future, when i do i would be very happy to get photographs of the moon as good as that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, and welcome from another newbie.  Just so you don’t think your telescope is broken, have a gander at this thread:  https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/196278-what-can-i-expect-to-see/

Hands down, the best post I have read on here.  I was a little disappointed with my experiences before reading this.  Now I am completely sold ?

Archived