Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dual speed upgrade for skywatcher focuser

Does anyone knows a site from US that sells dual speed upgrade kits for skywatcher focusers?

My focuser looks like this:

Skywatcher_crayford_focuser.jpg

I was checking agena, but the only one they have doesn't seem to fit: https://agenaastro.com/gso-dual-speed-crayford-focuser-upgrade-kit.html

And the ones I found that seem like they will fit, are all from UK/EU sites (like: https://www.365astronomy.com/Dual-Speed-1-10-Microfocus-Upgrade-Kit-for-Skywatcher-Crayford-Focusers.html).

Does anyone knows any site from the US that sells something like this? I need an US site because I am shipping a bunch of stuff to my importer which will then bring it to me in south america, so I need quick and cheap US shipping.

56 minutes ago, kendg said:

Moonlight may have what you need. If you send them an email, I'm sure that will help you out.

I have one for my refractor and it's great.

https://focuser.com/products.php

Will try contacting them, but do they have upgrade kits or only entire focusers? Because more than price, my issue is weight, im paying per kg to import the products to my country.

14 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

I recently had the same issue/ problem, but for an ED80 SW Crayford focuser. I couldn't find a kit anywhere.... the only solution seemed to be a purchase of a new 10:1 focuser.......

I guess I will just delay this purchase then, or maybe just buy it from 365astronomy and tell my importer to wait for the package, but I am afraid if it takes too much time to arrive, it will delay the shipment of the other accesories I know he will receive in like 1 week.

I didn't know you could actually buy upgrade kits to have dual speed. I have just changed my focuser on a skywatcher Dobsonian but just replaced the whole unit.

My Skywatcher focuser upgrade

I know this is not much use to you mind as it is not what you are after and in totally the wrong country :hmh:

Steve

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I didn't know you could actually buy upgrade kits to have dual speed. I have just changed my focuser on a skywathcher Dobsonian but just replaced the whole unit.

My Skywatcher focuser upgrade

I know this is not much use to you mind as it is not what you are after and in totally the wrong country :hmh:

Steve

The upgrade kit exists, but it only seems to be sold in europe, its called lacerta 1:10 microfocus (from france i believe). I couldn't find it on any US site, not even on amazon/ebay, I am waiting for 365astronomy response regarding how much time it would take to ship to US. I'll probably delay this purchase, but next time I want to buy new stuff, I will probably want to just to upgrade my entire scope setup.

8 hours ago, wok said:

Will try contacting them, but do they have upgrade kits or only entire focusers? Because more than price, my issue is weight, im paying per kg to import the products to my country.

They seem to just have the entire focuser. 

I looked at the Lacerta upgrade, but my bro made me this instead - he took off one wheel of the existing focuser and machined me the larger wheel out of a block of aluminium - the larger wheel allows finer control:

IMG_4112a.jpg

Archived