Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Guest maryh96

Hi, I am doing an end of degree project on variable stars due next thursday and London's weather does not allow finish it. I was wondering if someone would do me the favour of observing the pulsating variable star V0460 Andromeda http://variablestars.net/stars/460/ in the Johnson R filter, for a period of 1 hour and 50 minutes? please?

Thanks so much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jamesj01
      Hi everyone - juts purchased my first telescope and am asking for advice on what is best to be seen through this telescope as a starter - have already seen the moon and some distant stars and am comfortable with using all of the eye pieces included. What would anyone recommend?
    • By AstroRuz
      SkyTech L-Pro Max Light Pollution Suppression Filter
      Used for about a year now and still in very good condition. really helped me out in my garden but now I've moved to tougher skies and need a slightly stronger filter. So it's time to pass this on to someone else.
      Filter is in very good condition with no scratches on it. Used extensively to great effect. Cardboard box slightly tatty but to be expected.
      Creates very nice pictures with good star colour retention and no halos. Horsehead is a HaRGB composite photo where the RGB was shot with this filter.
      2" fitting (M48). Will come with outside box, interior box and of course the filter.
      £100 + £8 P&P (Royal Mail Special Delivery)

• By javaruba
      Hi folks,
      I've been seeing tear drop shape stars with the EdgeHd 8 and ZWO ASI294MC Pro camera, so I verified the collimation. I'm using a celestron x0.7 reducer.
      Does collimation needs to be checked  with an eyepiece or with the camera and with or without reducer? I'm asking since I verified my collimation yesterday and couldn't see the concentric rings with the complete imaging train (ASI294MC, OAG, and x0.7 reducer). It was only showing the inner shadow and outer circle. I than  replaced the AS294MC with my guide cam (ASI120) which has a much smaller sensor and could see many rings. While, to my view, it seems to be collimated, it's strange that I can't see the rings with the main imaging cam. Any thoughts? Here's how I left the collimation after some adjustments with the guide cam.

Kind regards,
      Jairo
    • By ChrisBAgile
      I'm brand new to the forum and new to Astro. I've been loving it since January and learnt a huge amount by myself with the help of forums like these.
      I recently purchased an iOptron 10" RC truss. 3" focuser with a 2" compression. I have been using a WO FLT 132 before this which is little more forgiving. I have attached a couple of pictures from my first attempts. I am not using a field flattener at this point. (just getting used to collimating and setting up). Camera ZWO ASI 6200 MC cooled camera. The images below are composed of 50 x 5 minute subs stacked in pixinsight with basic image processing. I'm using PHD II and a WO guidestar 61 and ASI 120 for guiding on a CEM60EC mount. Drift alignment in PHD 2. Any ideas as to the main causes of egg shaped stars? Could this be sensor tilt? crappy guiding? Focus also looks off? Any help appreciated please

• By thehappypleiades
      Hi, newbie here! I’m hoping to get some advice on some star-gazing binoculars. I’ve read through the forum and I’ve decided to stay away from zoom bino’s because I’m just starting out, and I will eventually look into telescopes and whatnot if I wish to see the skies in more detail! 

So I’ve pretty much settled on something between 8 x 42 and 10 x 50. Please let me know the best ones in this range!!! 
      I’ve read some reviews on the Helios Lightquest HR 10x50’s so any advice on those would be great too! I’m open to suggestions but what I’m really hoping to get is a sturdy pair of first binoculars that I can keep around for the long run, and hopefully drag around on many adventures. I’m willing to invest in a tripod as well for focused gazing, although I plant to keep them around my neck for a while so I can get used to them! 

I’m also unsure of how to find a great lightweight tripod so any links would be great! Love the forum so far and I’m excited to start observing the skies!

Happy Stargazing,
      thehappypleiades

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.