Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Morpheus 76° Eyepieces REDUCED

22 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Mine arrived at my work address on Friday but I couldn't pick it up til today.

Had a quick peek at the moon tonight before properly dark and before the clouds rolled in... WOW!!

Wonderfully sharp, neutral tone, real spacewalk feel and very much better eyecup now . I like the thread on M43 eyecup extension, it's very comfortable. Sharp at F8 across the field with only the tiniest adjustment right at the edge.

Based on first look this eyepiece is a steal at £149. Fits beautifully in with my XL10.5 and LVW22 - leaving room for a future either 12.5 or 14mm maybe.

I'll post up pics and a proper review when time and conditions allow, but I think this ep is going to be everything Bill P said it is..:thumbsup::headbang:

Dave

Nice one Dave. Glad your first views were good. :) Unless I missed something which focal length did you get?  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Here's hoping longer focal lengths, such as the Eudiascopics had, will follow the 17.5mm.

Sadly I think that's unlikely..It seems that the main reason for the long delay in launching the 17.5mm was that Baader were really pushing the design limits with this one..that suggests that anything longer might either be unachievable, or prohibitively expensive - or both!:glasses12::glasses12:

Dave

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

XL10.5 and LVW22 - leaving room for a future either 12.5 or 14mm maybe.

Sounds like you got the new 17.5mm  - I've used my 14mm several times since having it and its lovely to look through, I hope you enjoy yours as much.

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Sadly I think that's unlikely..It seems that the main reason for the long delay in launching the 17.5mm was that Baader were really pushing the design limits with this one..that suggests that anything longer might either be unachievable, or prohibitively expensive - or both!:glasses12::glasses12:

Dave

TV managed to go up to 27mm with their Panoptics at slightly less FOV. If Baader went 2 inch with the Morpheus, would that give them more leeway? Vixen did so with their LVW range keeping a min 20mm eye relief. 

So far the XW Pentax, Delos TV & ES 68 seem the main competitors. 

On 26/03/2018 at 22:32, JOC said:

Sounds like you got the new 17.5mm  - I've used my 14mm several times since having it and its lovely to look through, I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Thanks Joc☺.

Yes I've just bought the 17.5mm. I've also owned the 14mm (the only other Morpheus I've owned) and I agree it's a great eyepiece.

I went for the 17.5 as it is coming in with the improved eye guard already, whereas the others don't yet have it included.

Once new stocks come in I may well buy another one at some point..

Dave

5 hours ago, SpaceBass said:

Just wondering if these Morpheus would match a Baader 1.25" Q-Barlow 2.25?  

Short answer..Yes.

Quote from Baader website: (btw, the nosepiece end can be unscrewed from the main body and used with a 1.25" eyepiece to give 1.3x instead of 2.25x).

HTH☺

Dave

The Barlow can either be screwed into the Q-Turret eyepiece turret or combined via the special, included adapter with all 1.25 "eyepieces. In this case, it acts as a 2.25x Barlow

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2018 at 11:09, FLO said:

Baader’s reduced-price Morpheus eyepiece promo ended 15th May but we have a handful remaining (sourced at promo prices) so will continue to offer the discount while stocks last :smile: 

We are starting to sell out of reduced price Baader Morpheus eyepieces

Currently the 9, 12.5, 14 & 17.5mm focal lengths are still available at £149. 

baader_morpheus_eps.jpg

Archived