SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heart of the Rosette

Leveye

Been quite awhile since my last post. Such a brutal winter! Hope this post is finding your skies clear and views amazing. Still capturing whenever I can which is much too few and far between but it's getting better now that Spring is finally here. Finally!! To warm things up a bit more here's a little bit closer look at the Heart of the Rosette Nebula for you.

Stellarvue SV80ED, AT2FF

Hutech spectrum enhanced Canon T5i

Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G

6-600 second lights, 25 darks, 25 flats, 25 dark flats. Stacked in DSS median and Mosaic method. Edited slightly in Adobe Camera RAW.

Let me know what you think of the processing and final outcome. 

Heart of the Rosette.jpg

That is quite nice for only 1 hour of data, more subs would undoubtedly help.

Have you got some means of controlling the temperature of your canon, so you have built up a library for your darks? I can't imagine you would spend over 4-hours of imaging time capturing them at the same time as your lights :icon_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

That is quite nice for only 1 hour of data, more subs would undoubtedly help.

Have you got some means of controlling the temperature of your canon, so you have built up a library for your darks? I can't imagine you would spend over 4-hours of imaging time capturing them at the same time as your lights :icon_biggrin:

Thank you sir! It's been so long in between sessions here that the temperatures at night have changed already so yes for this one I did the lights, covered the scope and then did the darks. I then did the flats and dark flats at dawn. I now have a current library. I redo them about 4 times a year.

Archived