SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon, Venus, Mercury & Uranus?

I’ve posted this in another thread but I think I might have captured Uranus as well. Just diagonally up to the right of the moon. So wondered whats the consensus? You probably need to look at the full image to see it, but when I zoom in it’s got a definite bluish colour.53B14759-E629-4221-BEFB-84FF696D5DE8.thumb.png.f30b13bf9915403290458985a407fd8a.png

Here’s a crop with Uranus top right I think.

614733F5-D0BE-42FF-BA45-78757A16A598.png.62e72c766408ab5ebea4c15dff804ea0.png

Nice shot Richard, but I’m going to be a party pooper and say ‘No’ to Uranus. I think it is a hot pixel unfortunately. Reasons? If you look at Venus and Mercury, the focus is off a little way, but ‘Uranus’ is a single pixel, well defined. Also there is only a hint of Nu Piscium which is mag 4.4, quite a bit brighter than Uranus.

Still a lovely shot though :) 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice shot Richard, but I’m going to be a party pooper and say ‘No’ to Uranus. I think it is a hot pixel unfortunately. Reasons? If you look at Venus and Mercury, the focus is off a little way, but ‘Uranus’ is a single pixel, well defined. Also there is only a hint of Nu Piscium which is mag 4.4, quite a bit brighter than Uranus.

Still a lovely shot though :) 

Oh that’s disappointing ? posted the crop just before I saw your reply.

Fully enlarged, theres a couple of clear blue dots, again possibly pixels, almost a line of them running from the one you mention to lower left of the moon,so maybe not what you were suggesting, but don't be too disheartened, there'll  always be  another opportunity!

Archived