Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters.thumb.jpg.b518052b915c2cf31f5f12e33ce0e9d2.jpg

marcus_z

Wanted: Vixen SX2

Posted (edited)

Wanted: Vixen SX2 - contact via PM please!

Edited by marcus_z

The SX2 is still of interest :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      Last night when we was out in the night to do astro photographing I got problem with my Star Adventurer mount. The friction coupling in RA axis got stuck and I have difficulties to aim the camera to the object.
      Today I have dismantled the mount to find what the problem is with it. I got to repair it, I took photos from my disassembling and repair that I think can be interesting for others to look at and read.
      Here is the link to my homepage:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-star-adventurer-part2-repair/project-star-adventurer-part2-repair.html
      Have any other of you had a simular problem with the Star Adventurer mount?
      BR
      Lars
    • By Knighty2112
      For sale due to EP slim down I am selling my Vixen LV 15mm 1.25” EP in excellent condition with both end caps and original box. Looking for £43 which includes P&P in the UK. 
      Thanks for looking.
      Gus  
      Sold. 

• By lux eterna
      Hi all,
      Pretty often I read about people having issues that may be related to backlash in DEC or RA, and I would like to offer a very simple and effective cure for it. I have done it on my HEQ5 Pro but surely it can be modified for any mount that needs it. With this simple fix, I can live with a rather big backlash (with no risk for binding in freezing temperatures).
      For DEC, I always balance carefully (neither front nor back heavy). Then I stretch the coil spring until it has a small impact on the DEC balance (and later in the evening I eventually forget about loosening it when I slew away... so you will need some replacement springs. It took maybe 10+ of such mistakes until I stopped forgetting...). The bracket is only attached with double sided tape (on three sides), but the black maintenance plug (not original) also supports it.

RA is usually OK with just the standard method "East Heavy", but occationally the scope is poing due west or east (counterweights pointing north) and then there is no "East Heavy" impact. That is when I use this:

It´s a little hard to see in the pictures, but I get a momentum in RA (in reverse to tracking direction) when I tighten the string. Now, I happen to have the Rowan belt mod which includes a thick nylon spacer inside the gear cover, and that is a good thing here because it adds to the momentum. I usually hook it up an hour or two before the CW bar points due north. Then when it has well past north I will stop the camera, remove the backlash killer and re-adjust "East Heavy".
      EDIT:  (Sorry, English is my second language...)  Should be a torque, not momentum.
      Ragnar

• By widotje
      Hi all,

I've made a video on how to setup an equatorial mount.
      Hope this is useful, tips are welcome!
      https://youtu.be/clNITffWijg

• By mcro89
      Hey everyone,
      So I have just purchased a skywatcher HEQ5 pro mount and been a bit lost with what I need to safely power it from mains.
      I have been reading different forum post and gotten a bit lost. 
      People are saying you need to regulate it to make sure that too much power doesn't get drawn? Would this just be a normal surge protection plug adapter?
      I will be using my scope at home for the moment so just want to hook it up to the mains. 
      I was looking at buying one of these -https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOYLIT-100-240V-Switching-Adapter-Flexible-12V-5A/dp/B01LYBUO16/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1533215373&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=12v+5a+power+supply&dpPl=1&dpID=51BeVSM6HKL&ref=plSrch
      Is this ok? 
      Alot of forum recommendations point to Maplins products however since they arw nowclosed I'm not sure what other places to look for power supplies.
      Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Matt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.