sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chrobakx
      This is Celestron cg3 mount suitable for any telescope tube with vixen dovetail.
      Load capacity is approximately up to 4 kg
      Condition is used, but in very good shape. 
      It's comcompletely with 3d printed levelling plate, under tray for accessories, slow motion and locking knobs.
      Mount was completely stripped down, removed factory sticky grease and applied proper grease where applicable.
      Price: £90
      I can post it by Hermes or DPD if you are happy to pay for postage.
      I'll accept PayPal as family/friends or commercial if you'll pay the 3% fee.

• By DeepSkyMan
      Hi everyone, not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread but thought it was close enough to topic 🙂  
      In prep for my Pulsar Obsy build a couple of months from now I’m looking to get ahead of software requirements for the dome.  Can anybody provide advice on a decent ‘Skinny’ software stack for mount and dome control.  Observing has been simple for me thus far, only need to worry about mount control.  However,  I got to thinking about how clumsy and inefficient things would be if goto commands were two separate unrelated actions one for mount control from my chosen planetarium software SkySafari, and then having to reach over and key in the Azimuth setting for dome position.   As far as I know there is no dome control interface from SkySafari, so it looks like this will be achieved via an RDP session into my Intel NUC and thence to the dome controller.   No big deal I guess this will just join my Atik Horizon control Software.  What is my best solution for joint mount and dome control?
      Kind Regards
      Paul.
    • By chrobakx
      I looking for a polar scope for my eq3 or HEQ5 mount
    • By JemC
      Hi all,
      As i am soon to be the proud owner of a Vixen Polarie star tracker i am looking for some advice from the experts here on SGL with regards to widefield imaging with the Vixen Polarie.
      I will initially be using it with a modified Canon 600D so am looking for advice on which lens would be best suited to use with it, I have already been pointed in the direction of the Samyang 135mm which by all accounts is a pretty good contender, so aside from that particular lens what other/s would you recommend that are Canon fitting,
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By DeepSkyMan
      Guys

just wondering what options are available for me to upgrade the standard SXW Vixen clamp to enable it to accept Losmandy style dovetails.  I recently acquired a CGE dovetail that I would like to use with my 8” Edge.

Kind Regards
      Paul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.