Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st test mono stack of Bodes galaxy

Nice shot- I especially like the detail in the spiral arms. 

I notice the gradient in the bottom right of the frame- I have an ASI224 (which I understand is more or less the same camera, but with a different sensor) and often get the same effect which I have to correct in post processing. I was wondering if you always experience this?

Thanks for posting your findings. I've been imaging M81 recently and wondered how an ASI174 would compare to my DSLR. Apart from the amp glow (which seems to be a feature of the ASI174) noise in your image is certainly less than with my DSLR. That's to be expected of course and overall imaging time needs to be considered for an RGB result. 

Hopefully you will be imaging M81 in RGB - I look forward to another report!

I've had 2 very short sessions on m81 clouds moved in and with minimal rgb , I've not had a chance to combine it with rgb data . Here's a look m82 L 5 frames @ 30s /-20c stacked only. Adding my darks will eliminate the ampglow  , when I get to finish running more data.

mean combine L.jpgb

I've only experienced the ampglow with longer exp.  If I were to take 300x 30s  there wouldn't be any in theory, according to what that 30s looks like. Cooling to say 30-35c would most likely minimize it even more but , processing does the job and I rather process it out than wait for the camera too cool even lower losing image  time. All I can say is test your object to find the appropriate settings that give the best result, quality takes precedence over quantity when you have limited clear sky  to image in.

Archived