Narrowband

LRGB Manual Alignment & Merging

Have you seen there is now SP4 available for AA?

I very rarely upgrade anything, if its working fine for me I leave things be, seen too many people find problems with upgrades.  Not unless there was something really super duper I desperately wanted. 

I only use it for stacking anyway.

Carole 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your method worked a treat Carole thanks.  This image was only an experiment and I usually find that the registering-alignment-stacking has the desired affect but in this case, don't know why, the red channel was playing up + the stars are not perfect and of course that doesn't help. 

Thanks for the input, as usual I've learned something new here and will take a look at Registar perhaps for future use.    

Graham 

The method that Freddie described for aligning/registering your channels.  This will work fine for images taken with the same camera and scope. 

However a thought for the future:

I have a number of scopes and cameras and sometimes want to combine the data from different years/kit and this won't align/register in DSS.  Particularly I use a dual rig and want to combine data done with different cameras and scopes.  Plus I often Bin the coloured data which ends up with a half sized image. 

For this you definitely need Registar (or something similar) as this will re-size/rotate (provided the data isn't flipped)  and even stretch images into shape so that all the stars will line up.  For instance, I had a DSLR image of the Horsehead I wanted to add Ha to from a mono camera.  The stars would line up one end of the image but gradually the stars would not line up on the opposite side.  I put this down to the effects of using a field flattener on different scopes. Once I put the data into Registar all the stars lined up.  Its a wonderful piece of software.  

Carole 

Archived