SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How do I convert still images to a time-lapse video file?

Hey guys,

This is probably a newbie question for you guys and might be obvious to you, but I am pretty new to photography still.

So pardon the newbie question. :D

I was wondering how to convert a series of still images into a time-lapse video file like an MP4 or MPEG file.

I have a Canon EOS DSLR and I took a series of pictures of the sun setting tonight. I took a shot every 30 seconds for a couple hundred shots. Then I took a series of pictures every 10 seconds for a similar amount of shots.

How do I convert these series of images into videos?? Does the Canon "Digital Photo Professional" allow you to do this??

If not, what other free program is commonly used to do this? I don't want to compress or degrade my image quality.

I want it to just play the stills like a video at 30 or 60 frames per second. I'm looking for a free program if possible.

Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it!

A previous computer that I used to have had Windows Movie Maker on it. My current computer has Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't think Movie Maker came with it.
I also don't have Photoshop FYI.

Is there a free program available for download that would do what I need??
Thanks again guys!

33 minutes ago, HubbleWebb said:

Are these programs all free to download?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate the recommendations.

7 hours ago, geoflewis said:

I've used online resource gifmaker http://gifmaker.me/

No need to download this one, just upload your stills and then download the completed gif. There is a limit on how much data you can upload, but the last time I used it (a couple of years ago now) it was free.

• 1 month later...

Archived